Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tigger

Several individuals have made comments about my choice of Tigger as my traveling partner and some of those comments were less than complimentary. I would like to share with you my observations on traveling with such a fine companion.

He is always happy. He always has a smile on his face and he never ever complains about anything. No matter how early I get up in the morning, how bad I smell after riding all day in temperatures of over 90 degrees or how messy the room gets, he never complains. Granted, his knowledge in the areas of philosophy, politics, and other thought provoking subjects are somewhat limited. But this is outweighed by his enthusiasm and since this is first long trip outside the hundred acre wood and he is very curious.

His needs are minimal. He needs no clothing since he is, after all, a furry creature. He requires very little in the way of sundries etc. This is a very good thing since I, on the other hand, require everything that I could even remotely imagine I could possibly need. As a side note here, I sent my second box of “stuff” home yesterday. I’m going to have a little talk with Wrangler when I get home.

He eats very little. Tigger has a relatively small appetite and as long as he gets a little stuffing with each meal he is a very content camper indeed.

He is a very quiet sleeper. I have a tendency to not sleep well while I am traveling so it is very important that someone sharing my room is quiet. He does have a very light snore on the occasion that he has had one too many mojitos.

He thinks I am intelligent, adventurous and never wrong. Of course, here he is entirely correct.

I will have to admit that traveling with Jane would be equally enjoyable but she has never come to totally appreciate the subtle flavors of a flame broiled cheese Whopper and she does question my decisions and even my sanity on occasion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ralph M and I have enjoyed your comments today and we also liked the dinner with you last night, sorry you did not bring Tigger with you, I am sure you did not want to make Jane jealous. Hope to see Tigger today. Your cycle makes a statement in front of the Baymont, sorry you have it covered so all can not enjoy seeing the bike. bill k and ralph m.