Friday, June 13, 2008

Prolog



Since June 14th was to be the official start of my trip, I decided to call my ride today the prolog. I rode 230 miles from Sarasota, Florida to Homestead, Florida. Part of my trip was through the Big Cypress Swamp. I’ve seen dogs, cats, deer, hogs, antelope, elk and many other types of animals along the side of the road after being hit by a car or truck, but today is the first time I saw an alligator. And I didn’t just see one, but three. Thankfully, none of them were there to get in my way on the motorcycle.

I have read that when you are packing for a long trip and are trying to pack light you should place everything you think you need on a table or bed, then come back later an get rid of half of it. I could not decide what to get rid of so I asked Wrangler, and he indicated he thought I needed everything as well. So, as you can see I have it all on the bike.

Tomorrow will be my first national park visit. I will be in Everglades National Park and Biscayne Bay National Park. They are each about 15 miles from Homestead but in opposite directions. I hope to at least get out of Florida tomorrow, but it is a long state.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Wrangler is a wise and caring advisor, good thing you took his advise.

Dick, are you going to drive through the parks, or get off and explore along the way?

Hope you don't get caught in the rain today.