Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 38





Glacier National Park is probably my favorite. Two years ago I did a bicycle ride through Glacier and the Canadian Rockies. Some of the territory I rode on this trip, I rode on my bicycle trip. I entered the park from the east side and proceeded to ride the “Road Going to the Sun”. It has to be one of the two or three most spectacular rides in the country if not the world. Much of the road west of Logan Pass is cut out of the side of a very steep mountain. There is a significant construction going on because the roads were built many years ago and they cannot accommodate larger motor homes.

There appears to have been very significant snow fall this past winter since the snow melt and glacier melt is much greater than when I was here two years ago in July. The flow makes the mountain streams and waterfalls that much more scenic. The parking lot at Logan Pass was a zoo. I literally saw people nearly get into fights over spaces. The good thing about being on a motorcycle is that they have separate areas where we can park.

4 comments:

Vitri Hong said...

Nice blog!!

Anonymous said...

Dick,

I just saw your picture back on day 35. I think you need to find a Flowbee. Did you not bring your's with you?

Great pictures!

Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dick
Your photos are amazing. Thanks for keeping all of us in the loop. Happy riding. Colene West

Anonymous said...

THE FLOWBEE? The hose system that connects to your vacuum that cuts hair? No, not that thing that came out in the 80’s? We all know how creative you can be, but don’t try connecting the FLOWBEE to your exhaust pipe.
Wow Day 38, have you gotten you second wind? Great photos and posts.