Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 36




We awoke to temperatures in the mid 40s this morning. This is the coolest morning so far. We layered up as we prepared for today’s ride. Another day in Canada and another day of incredible scenery. We did pass several spots where there have been somewhat recent forest fires. The regeneration has already begun, but it is still a little difficult to see the dead trees so stark and barren.

I have found the Canadians in this part of the country to be very friendly and helpful. They always seem curious about the trip and have advice on local places to see and things to do. They do get a slightly strange look on their face when they see me with Tigger, but I just smile and say “grandchildren”. That’s easier than going into an extended explanation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that if I saw a grown man traveling around the continent with a stuffed animal as a sidekick, I'd be asking some pretty tough questions.

As Dick Fain would say:

Quien sabe?