Friday, August 1, 2008

Days 47 and 48





I'm back home safe and sound. It was wonderful to see Jane and Wrangler again. Wrangler was just a little unsure at first as to whom this stranger was, but within two minutes had a toy in his mouth waiting for me to play with him.

The past two days were mostly riding on the “super slab” just to get home. Of course the last day I encountered 11 different rain cells as I made my way through southern Georgia and Florida. I stopped so many times to put on and take off my rain suit I finally took off my riding pants and just kept on the rain pants. It was too hot and humid to wear both at the same time. I have learned it is not the heat but the humidity that makes things uncomfortable. Riding in temperatures of 105degrees with low humidity is much more comfortable than riding in 92 degrees with very high humidity.

I returned to the office with a celebration of my friend and companion, Tigger. As you can see by the picture, my co workers felt it was appropriate to congratulate him for putting up with me for the past seven weeks.

I will attempt to compile some statistical information and post an epilog of my trip over the weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound. You are the bravest man alive for leaving your wife alone for seven weeks with friends and family with nothing to do but to create the longest "honey do" list ever.

Anonymous said...

But do you believe his employees really missed him?

Anonymous said...

No employees ever miss their bosses! So the answer to the above blogger is no and hell NO if Goble is their boss.

Denny Fritz said...

Dick -

Congratulations on finishing the adventure in one piece. Best of all, St. Jane seems to have put up with all this. Of course, she may have been competing with the horses in Missouri while you were gone - I will have to look on the web for that.

Hope you will publish more of your wonderful pictures -

Denny

Anonymous said...

Tell us again, Dick, why you decided to skip Hawaii?

John U

Anonymous said...

I shipped Hawaii because the bridge was under construction.

Dick