Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A very long ride

For some reason unbeknownst to me I decided to test my limit as it relates to how far I can ride in 3 days.  I think I may have reached it.  I rode just at 2,100 miles from Sarasota to Crested Butte, Colorado.  When I got to the hotel last night I could not ride another 2 miles to go to dinner.  Ted and I took a shuttle into town.  

Tigger thought it was fun but he was a passenger so he got to look a scenery and relax.  I didn't stop a lot to take pictures but the one posted here is from a rest stop some place in Kansas.  

The beginning of the trip was a little auspicious. I left home in heavy fog, ran into a closed I-75 for about 40 miles, and learned that the new GPS I purchased was not functioning properly. Before the day was out, I lost the only pair of prescription glasses that I own.  

My friend Ted was at the hotel waiting for me when I arrived. Since a long day on the motorcycle for him is 250 miles he had a few choice comments about my sanity. 

 

No comments: